Monday, February 6, 2012

Alaska Bound-June 2012

Shortly after the birth of our son, my favorite plans to take a trip to Alaska with his sister and our brother-in-law to celebrate their graduations from college. As long as I've know these two dudes, they've dreamed about the day they could go to Alaska. They've talked about it for years and I literally thought neither one of them would settle down with a family until after they got this wander lust out of their blood. (Thankfully, I was wrong!!) We have teased them many times though, saying that now the only way they'd see Alaska was from the view of a cruise ship. Ha!
Bob and Ivan planning their trip. Those grins shall likely remain on their faces for the foreseeable future.

I went to Alaska in the summer of 2006 for a mission trip, and I will say that I have really enjoyed teasing them about it! I certainly am thrilled for them that they are going, yet most of me (now that I have children) is terrified about the whole thing. And a little disappointed that I don't get to go. But, oh well. My SIL will be 28 weeks pregnant at the time of the trip, which coincidentally happens to be exactly how far along I am today. She is in far better shape than me though, but I myself can't imagine doing something like that at this point in pregnancy. I can barely breathe just going up and down the steps! haha. Anyway, here's a couple videos Bob found online that show a little of what they can expect. Pretty cool!


Ah....June 9th can't get here fast enough for one of us in this household. The other one shall be a bundle of nerves from this point forward until the other one pulls into our driveway on June 18th. So, please join me in praying in advance for the safety of Bob, Ivan and Rachel, my favorite Alaskan adventurers!

No comments:

Post a Comment