Bob's grandfather was injured in a fall last Friday night. He has a fractured skull and is in a coma. Please pray for him, our family, and especially Bob's grandma. Bob's grandpa is perhaps the kindest man I've ever met. He is quick to love, forgive, and pray. I love that my little boy shares his name. He is an honorable, God-fearing man of integrity. We are so thankful that Grandpa is in the care The Great Physician. Thank you for your prayers.
Monday, April 28, 2014
Baby Ilya is 8 months old today. She has really been growing and her little personality is starting to develop. Here are a few things to remember about her.
- She is probably 14 or 15 pounds. Her next doctor appointment is a month from now, so I don't have any specifics for this month.
- She is rolling over all the time and is very close to sitting up on her own.
- She still doesn't have any teeth.
- She sleeps through the night mostly and wakes up around 6am for a bottle and then goes back to sleep for another hour or so.
- She's wearing size 2 diapers and size 6-9 months clothes.
- She catnaps during the day.
- She is exclusively on formula
- She loves watching her siblings
- She is starting to be more interested in toys
- She likes watching her hands.
- She loves her pacifier. Often times she gets it stuck on her thumb.
- She no longer needs to be swaddled when she sleeps, but she still likes her pink and white blanket that our neighbor had made for her.
- She's laughing and cooing alot more. She smiles all the time!
- She tried eggs for the first time three days ago. I didn't introduce
any other new foods this month. I've done differently in feeding her
solids than I did with the first two. I give her cereal or carrots, etc a
couple times a week. Now that she's 8 months old, I plan to give her
solids more consistently and start to introduce finger foods slowly.
To see Isabelle's 8 month post, click here.
We also did fun things like play catch and shoot guns!
We had a great time together Easter weekend. My dad met the kids and me at the park for an Easter egg hunt. It turned out to be more of a "hurry and grab an egg before someone else does" kind of thing and was over in about 30 seconds. Lame. This was just the area for 1-2 year olds. Thankfully my dad got right in there to help my kids!
After church, we headed to Bob's parents house for dinner. I had to make sure we got a family picture! It's not often we are so dressed up! My mom bought the kids outfits!
Ivan, Rachel, Emery and baby Eivin (9 days old).