Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch



**Update: My sweet SILs called me last night to let me know they are going to join me in not eating sugar for the next 10 weeks as well, so I don't have to do it alone! Is that not the coolest thing ever?! Bobby said "Now that's how a family should be!" Amen, husband! Thank you, Hez and Beck! Love you girls!

Isabelle was so tired from her lack of sleep the night before that around 7 o'clock last night, she just laid down on the couch next to me and watched Wheel of Fortune (she likes it!).

Today I had another prenatal appointment. I'm measuring 31 weeks (I'm 30w4d) and the baby is head down. Whew! I met with a doctor that I hadn't seen before. He's the veteran of the office, so he doesn't deliver babies anymore from what I've been told. He just handles appointments. We talked about my 3 hour glucose test and the fact that I passed it, but he told me he wants me to cut out sugar for the remainder of my pregnancy. I think I literally felt all the blood rush out of my head as he was telling me no more cake, cookies, chocolate, cupcakes, candies, sweets, etc. All I could think of was "good thing I ate those 6 packzis earlier this week". I literally don't know how I'm going to survive the next 10 weeks. Ok, maybe I exaggerate, but for real.

After my appointment, we headed to the lab located in the same building to get Isabelle's blood drawn. I have been putting this off since her birthday. The doctor said I had until she was 15 months old, so I wanted to wait as long as possible. However, I decided to tackle it today. It seriously wasn't that bad, but I wanted to cry. She screamed, I bear hugged her, one nurse held her arm and another drew her blood. As soon as it was over, she just laid her head on my shoulder and stopped crying. Poor sweetie. I'm just glad it's done. I hear a lot of stories from my MIL about how hard it can be to draw blood on children, and I wanted to be as helpful to the nurses as possible, while trying to not cry. Tough!
After our doctor and lab visits, we went grocery shopping (which the doctor even suggested I get done before the snow storm that's coming---kinda fatherly guy...he was sweet). Isabelle was so tired that she fell asleep in her car seat. 
She looks so big now!
We've switched her to the big girl car seats recently, so I no longer have the convenience of putting her into the infant one and carrying her in. (This means I get to bring the stroller with me at all times now). I think she was so traumatized from getting her blood drawn that she literally just passed out!! I laid her in the cart and she slept the whole time I shopped. Good thing her new coat ($1.50 at GCH Thriftstore--score!) is thick!




One thing I did notice was that it definitely helps save money when you have a sleeping baby in the cart bed, cause you don't have much room to put groceries in. 
 


1 comment:

  1. Man oh man, I remember one of those nights. Sadie held on until 3 am, and I finally put her in the car and took her for a ride. She was out after the first mile, I think! 'Course I had to be at work by 7 the next day. Thankfully God gives us the grace to survive anything! I'm sure it's not easy being pregnant and staying up either! xoxoxo you're a great mom and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete