This weekend we packed up and headed to Lansing for a spontaneous night away from home! It was so much fun! We saw my mom's new house, then went over to Bob's sister's house for a swim in the river, BBQ and Olympic watching. We stayed at Bob's folks overnight then headed home Sunday morning for church. We also had a delicious meal out with our friends! Such a great weekend and just what our family needed! I wish I would've taken more pictures!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Our babies are now 2 months old and 18 months old! I can hardly believe Bobby's been here for ten weeks as of today. Time flies! Here are some stats for both:
- Weighs 21lb and is 32 inches tall
- Wears 18-24 months and size four diaper
- says so many words I've lost count! Baby and Bobby are the two she's saying today. She also now shakes her head no when you ask her something, but immediately follows it with a nod and a yeah!
- eats like a pro!
- hates having to use a sippy cup. Thinks she's a big girl and wants to drink from a cup.
- is sleeping through the night anywhere from 7:30pm-5:00am in her own room.
- still takes her pacifier. I have a feeling it's going to be really hard to break her from it. The attempts so far I've made have been less than successful.
- loves Siri and knows how to use her finger to make things happen on my iphone. UGH! Siri is now saying "Ok, how about a web search for 'or or'".
- Weighs 13 lb 12 oz and is 24.5 inches tall
- Wears 0-3 months clothes and size 2 diaper,
- Is sleeping 7 hours at night already, and is in his own crib in his room! Hallelujah!
- Isn't much of a pacifier guy. He will take it, but mostly Isabelle steals it from him anyway.
- Is exclusively nursing. No formula!
- Is smiling and laughing already
- Has quite the temper.
- Is a very easy baby! Love him!
|Tired out from riding in the stroller. (Ignore my fat finger!)|
|She loves her baby!|
|She loves to hold her Daddy's "hand" while riding in her car seat.|
I've been trying to do a better job of doing my daily devotions. Thankfully, my iPhone has an app for that! HA! I signed up for a few daily Bible reading plans, and have been able to spend time reading God's word (via phone-doesn't compare to the actual copy of Scriptures I have, but hey!) while feeding the baby. It got me thinking about how much I love listening to sermons, too. (Well, let me clarify. I love listening to them while I'm at church. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on audio sermons, but if I really try, I can do it!)
Growing up in the church, I've had alot of practice listening to numerous preachers over the years. By far, I have a favorite. Bob Carpenter, Jr,. pastor of the Cedar Street Church. Not because he's my FIL, either! His sermons are so very practical, clear and concise, and I have learned much from him. I have been known to turn on a sermon while I'm cleaning the house, and boy does it make cleaning MUCH more enjoyable! Anyways, if you want to hear one of his sermon's visit here
I can't forget to include my own pastor in this post. Ben Glupker has been pastoring my church, Springview Community Church for just under a year. He's fresh out of seminary (the same my FIL attended) and it's really been cool to learn alot from him already. I'm thankful that God has brought him and his wife, Kelly, and their children to the Detroit area from Saginaw. Check out Kelly's blog, linked on the right side of my blog. To listen to one of Pastor Ben's sermons, click here
Another preacher I like to hear is actually a traveling evangelist named Jamey Ragle. When I was growing up, I attended a private Baptist School and every year or two, he would come preach a revival. It was because of him that I realized there was more to a relationship with Jesus than I thought. He is one of the funniest preachers I've heard, yet also very passionate.
I've enjoyed sermons from several other men of God, but these two stick out to me. I've heard some good things about sermons from local pastors in our area, too, that I plan to check out soon, too.
Who are some of your favorite preachers?
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Bellie, BCIV, and I just returned from our annual family trip (minus III-boo!) to Jehnsen Lake. As always, we had a great time with our loved ones. Bellie became a grandpa's girl. Every time the boat headed out into the open waters, she had to sit on "Boppa's" lap.
We spent lots of hours in the water and it was great. The weather was beautiful, the water temperature was perfect, and the company was my favorite part. Since we don't live very close to Bob's family, I always look forward to seeing them for an extended period of time.
Oh, and can I just say the food is so delicious?!?! Wow.
Little dude was spoiled by his aunts! In fact, now that we're home, he's let me know that he's not being held enough!
The fishing was a lot of fun! We'd go out most nights after dinner until dusk. We caught bass, pike, and dogfish. Isabelle liked to get into Boppa's tackle box.
What a difference a year makes!!
We had lots of fun skiing and tubing!
My niece has a beautiful singing voice already at the age of 9. Here she is one night singing her goodnight song as I tucked her into bed.
And to top it off we went to garage sales!!! Don't ya just love this redneck garage sale!?!
Can't wait til next year!!!