Friday, April 27, 2012

Randoms



40 weeks is just around the corner and I have a feeling this little boy plans to use all his time up. He's already showing signs that he's meant to follow after his namesakes, as in "I'll arrive when I dadgum please". HA! (I love him already!)

Yesterday, we enjoyed a nice time of shopping together with Grandma Susie. Isabelle is getting so independent. She loved just walking around and playing. We took her to a Toys R Us store and she had a ball. Now's the perfect time to do things like that cause she's too young to ask for everything in the store.




I can tell she's getting taller, because she can now reach things off the table. A few days ago, she grabbed the bucket of raisins and before I knew it, had twenty of them in her mouth at once. Geez!

She also now likes to get things out of the garbage! UGH! This particular day I think she had a hard time believing the goldfish were gone.
 She loves playing with her toys.


I borrowed my friend Michelle's exercise ball in hopes of helping get labor going, and every time I sit on it, Isabelle has to get her ball and sit on hers, too. So, usually we sit and hold hands and have a fun time together.


We've had a slight setback with her sleeping through the night. Well, we the parents have stuck to our guns, and haven't gone in there. Yay, us! But, for the last 3 nights she's been waking up around 3 or 4 and crying. Usually she cries for about 15 minutes, but is quiet and has gone back to sleep after awhile. This morning, she woke at 4, and cried on and off for 15 minutes, then was quiet. She didn't go back to sleep until 5, but then woke back up at 5:30. By then, I figured I'd just go get her. We laid back down on the couch and she slept til 7:30. At least I didn't bring her back into my bed, though, right?! haha. She's still not taking naps in her crib. She usually sleeps in her carseat, and then when she wakes up, she heads right up the stairs to her room to play. This day, she knew there was a ball under her crib, so she was trying to get it. And, yes, she was still in her jammies in the afternoon. It was a Monday! ha


She got her first boo boo this week. I was letting her play in the cupboards and she got ahold of the blade for the hand mixer. UGH! It was just a small cut, and I think I put no fewer than 8 bandaids on her little finger. Yeah, she bit every one of them off.

She's been a big helper to me lately. Whether it's helping me with groceries, sweeping the floor, or folding laundry, I love this girl!




Well, that's about all that's going on this week. Hopefully, this baby will arrive very soon.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for this boy to get here! I am so excited! I got a txt a bit ago & thought it must be you saying you're going to the hosp or something! No such blessing. It was one of my kiddo's friends. I love that little girl of your's too! And all the pics in your blog. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete