Monday, April 16, 2012

38 Weeks

I'm now 38 weeks along with BCIV. I can hardly wait to hold my boy! My ultrasound confirmed that he's still a boy today (which is good, cause Bob dreamt last night that it turned out he was a "she"). So, I was glad to pass along that news. He is already measuring about 8 pounds, and everything looks good. Praise God!
I know it's hard to see, but the two pictures on the right are his face. He looks like his daddy!

His big sister has had quite the great transition to her crib. It's been a week now and we are doing great!! The first 3 nights were rough. She would wake up and cry for about an hour and then just sit straight up and stare at the door quietly. One night she was awake from 1:30am on. She didn't sleep until 8am. Bob and I were beside ourselves. We decided to purchase a video monitor after that! But, since that night, she's slept through the night. We're at 4 nights now. We put about 9 pacifiers in her bed and a couple of her favorite stuffed animals, and that seems to do the trick. She also has the projection and sound machine to help. We are so thrilled. Today she even was trying to play outside her crib and grab her pacifiers out of it and would put her shoes in there, etc. I think she's losing her fear of her crib. Awesome!
One of the most beautiful things I have seen in my life happened over the weekend. I don't know why, but to me there's nothing more precious than a dad's love for his daughter and vice versa. Bob danced with Isabelle to a song by Christina Perri, and I was a bawlin' mess. I had never heard the song before, but I don't think I'll ever forget it. So precious. Here's the song..
Speaking of singing, check out my nephew Isaiah. What a clown!
video
Another cool thing that happened last week was being spoiled by my friend, Michelle! She paid for me to get a haircut and bought me some really great hair products as a baby mama gift! It was so awesome! I actually had been wanting the type of shampoo and conditioner that she got after I saw that the girl from The Small Things Blog uses it. So, that was awesome!
She also watched Isabelle for me for a few hours so I could have some "me" time! It was great and so thoughtful! Apparently, Isabelle really likes Michelle's little niece....cute!


Here are a couple pictures of us on Easter, minus Bob unfortunately.


 And, lastly, my niece Gabby came home from the hospital yesterday. Turns out she had viral meningitis and at one point her fever was over 105!! Poor girl! Thank God though, she is doing much better now.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment