Friday, March 16, 2012

It's Finally Friday.

 I'm so glad the weekend is here. The beautiful weather continues and the forecast for next week looks splendid. However, I think it has really screwed up some bugs. We've had to kill a few mosquitoes and a bee in the past 24 hours. Really?! That's probably the only bad thing about having a swamp out back. The sounds of the bugs and frogs at night really is cool. We keep our window open so we can hear them. Sometimes it's really loud!

Bob used some of his work "points" to get a few new toys. We've wanted a smoker for a really long time, and we finally have one! We're excited to try smoking a turkey soon. He also got us a surround sound system. Heck yeah! Perfect timing for the NCAA tourney that's going on right now.


We've got a bet going on that whoever wins in their bracket gets something of their choice. I chose a trip to Ulta. I've never been there, but I hear it's got lots of girlie things for your hair, nails, face, etc. Sounds delightful. He still hasn't made up his mind yet. What's really cool though is tonight we're ordering pizza and watching the Spartans play! Whoop whoop! I can't wait! (Thanks to Jer for cancelling SG, because I was gonna have to miss out on my precious pizza and I was really bummed.) Ah, I can't wait.

The Carpenter girls are on their way to Ohio to celebrate our cousin Alicia's baby shower. She's due with a baby girl, Naomi, in mid-June. I am so bummed that I have to miss out on a Carpenter girls get-together!! I'm not allowed to travel more than 2 hours away from the hospital. I almost chanced it, but my favorite helped me to choose to do the right thing. (Right, sweetie?) Probably a good thing, cause I hear it's been a bumpy "cervix-preparing" truck ride in Rae's truck. HAHA!! (You crack me up, Hez!)


Mom sent money for us to get our double stroller! I have been researching online and I don't know why, but choosing one is stressing me out. I will probably end up buying a used one so I can use the remainder of the money on other baby items I need. There's also a Mom2Mom sale again at the big Gibralter place this weekend, so I may have to go check it out tomorrow, since III has to work. I'm thankful for my mom and all the ways she has financially contributed to our family, by buying us things like this and paying for all of Isabelle's diapers since she's been born. What a huge blessing!

I missed out on the chance of a lifetime yesterday. Ok, slight exaggeration. The chance of a year is probably more like it. Yesterday was the 17th birthday of my favorite coffee place in the whole world, and they were selling their drinks (normally $5) for a buck. I obsessed about it all day. I decided to wait until Bob got done with his homework (he came home early to do an online presentation) so that we could walk up there together. Well, two major problems arose that were outta my control. First, he didn't get done til 7:55pm and our nearby Beaners closes at 8. Second, it rained. So, the only Beaners I get to enjoy is this picture here on my blog that I found on google. (Good thing I did get a sugarfree frozen Beaners on Tuesday with a half off coupon.)


Well, time to clean up the kitchen. I've dragged my heels on it long enough. The rest of the house has been picked up all day. Shows you what I dread cleaning the most, even if it is my favorite room when it's cleaned. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: