Friday, December 6, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

My dad came over to help me start decorating the house for the holidays! Before we could get started, of course he had to give horse-back rides and play a few rounds of Ring Around the Rosey. Oh, and hand out gum about 3 times.




The woman who gave us all our furniture when we moved in also gave us a lot of Christmas decorations. I had a lot of fun going through the boxes and putting things together. When we first saw this house, I imagined decorating the stair railing with garland for the holidays. I kept thinking how pretty it would be and that I had never lived in a house that I could do that in. Well, in one of the boxes I opened was several strands of garland and flowers and red bows! I thank the Lord for that! I know that's not a coincidence, because everything in this house has been given to us by Him. What a great reminder of how He's cares so much for us.

 "What can I give the Lord for all the good things he has given to me?" ....."Lord, I am your servant; I am your servant, and the son of your female servant. You have freed me from my chains. I will give you an offering to show thanks to you, and I will pray to the Lord." Psalm 116:12, 16-17


Waiting for our tree!



Here's how they entertained themselves while dad and I were hard at work.



Looking so pretty in here!








Cute little sweetie drinking hot cocoa in her Christmas dress and Christmas teddy bear cup.



No comments:

Post a Comment