Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Parties 2013-Part 1

We've had a wonderful, yet busy week celebrating Christmas with our families. To get things started, Bob and the kids frosted sugar cookies and danced to Christmas music.







Saturday, the 21st, we had a party with Sue's side of the family. All the grand-kids wore the outfits Becky bought them. When it came time for pictures, they weren't having it.





On Sunday morning, we woke up to a major ice storm! We ended up losing power for about 18 hours and stayed overnight with one of Bob's sisters. The kids and I slept in the basement  Bob slept outside.




Sunday happened to be our anniversary, too, so with all the chaos of no power and sick relatives, we had to cancel our plans. (We will reschedule though, believe me!) One thing I love about Bob is that he always jumps in to help. This older woman was struggling to move the branches out of the road.
 





Christmas Eve morning, my parents and brother and his kids came over. I made biscuits and gravy and we just had a great time. It was nearly perfect. One of my brothers didn't make it, so that was disappointing.









Boxes were a big hit for Bobby this year.






These two princesses and I baked cookies together. It was a very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment