Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1st...or is it?

I am currently enjoying a few hours to myself at a small coffee shop downtown D. It's a quaint little place, with two tables and that's about it. Next to me is a huge blue tarp covering the "under construction" part of the shop. There are no electrical outlets for me to plug in my computer, or my cell phone. In the air is the smell of coffee and pumpkin spices and the sounds of CHRISTMAS MUSIC. It's October 1st. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is on at the moment.
Oddly enough, I'm kind of enjoying myself. A few hours to myself, only a few hundred feet from my favorite husband, and a few short miles from our baby sweetie, who is in wonderful hands at the moment. What a great morning! I'm so glad my husband arranged this all for me! He's the best!
I was hoping to get some work done this a.m., but unfortunately, my work won't allow me to connect to their network since I'm at a local coffee shop...who knew?! Not me, but makes perfect sense. The only real bummer is that now it'll be extra hard to get my stuff done since I've got an active baby who keeps me on my toes. She can now stand up in her high chair...even when she's buckled in tightly! She's 8 months old. That ain't right!!
There are a few things I'm looking forward to this month. I can't wait to pick out a Halloween costume for Isabelle! I also am hoping that next weekend we can go to Uncle John's cider mill with her since we'll be in the area for a wedding. We have a few Halloween parties we might attend. I will get our first ultrasound of baby number 2 this week. I am hoping our littlest one is forming perfectly according to God's plan. But for today, I'm looking forward to eating coney dogs for lunch with my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment