Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a great Christmas celebration this year. We started our parties with the Christmas Eve service at our church.

Riding the cart that carried the food to the chapel
My MIL and her fellow pastor-wives put on a delicious spread!


Delicious cinnamon rolls. (get the recipe here!)
Bobby and his cousin, S.

After the service finished, we went to Bob's parents house and exchanged gifts. Bobby slept for some of the party since it was after bedtime. Bellie was a bit fussy, but soon got over that.
She may have cried for the first few minutes of gift opening. It was after bedtime!
Sleepy girl
Bobby and Emery's first Christmas


Christmas morning my mom and Frank came over for breakfast. I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage. (The eggs were too dry, so that was a bust. Oh, well.)

Christmas morning. Presents from Grandma K.

After that we headed to Charlotte to my dad's family's Christmas party. Dad was the life of the party, as usual. He and his brothers are wild and crazy! You never know what's going to happen. I love watching my dad and his siblings interact. They are all really good friends and are very close! Bob and I brought some friends with us to this party, and I was so thankful for the ways that my dad's family made them feel welcome. I had fun watching Isabelle play with my niece, nephew and my cousins and their children. It was really cool.

Dad and his siblings opening their stockings of coal from Santa
My great-grandma at age 3. Drawn around 1905.

All four of us were spoiled rotten by our family this year! We were given so many wonderful gifts this year and it was just a reminder of how kind everyone is to us all your round.

Their new hats from my Aunt Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment