Monday, November 21, 2011

Deer Camp Week

This past week, Bob went to deer camp and Isabelle and I stayed with my MIL for a few days and my dad for a few days. We had a great time. The Thursday before we left I spent the entire day baking up a storm! I always try to send Bob off with a few goodies for deer camp. This year I made 6 pies, 2 pumpkin rolls, and 2 tins of cinnamon rolls. All from scratch! I think I spent at least 8 hours in the kitchen that day. So did Isabelle. She had fun eating the brown sugar or flour that would occasionally drop on the floor. Friday night, we headed to Lansing after Bob got home from work. That night was the Carrier Classic ball game, so it was fun to watch. Saturday morning, we packed up and went to Kalamazoo for my niece's birthday party. We promised to take her out to breakfast that morning, so we left Isabelle with my SIL and took my niece out to Bob Evans. We had so much fun just spending time with her. She is such a hoot. She really wanted the waitress to sing happy birthday to her, but since they didn't do it, her Uncle Bob and I did. She sang along with us, too. It was pretty funny! As we were driving back to her house, we were about a street away and she asked if she and I could get out of the car and walk the rest of the way while Uncle Bob followed us in the car. I didn't want to say no, so I obliged. Well, as soon as we got out, she wanted to race!! I said "You're gonna make a pregnant woman run??" and her response was "It's ok, Aunt Mel, you need your exercise"!!! Thanks alot!
Sunday, we went to Cedar Street Church, which is always enjoyable for me! It holds alot of fond memories, and I can't wait for the day we can rejoin the church family there! (My FIL--Pastor Bob--is BY FAR the best Pastor I have ever met, and I've known alot. Listen to some of his sermons here. ) 
After church Sunday, Bob headed to deer camp, and Isababy and I headed to my MIL's. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. Monday evening, we headed out to Kohls for some shopping. Tuesday, we drove up to my SIL's in Entrican to hang with her for a few hours. Wednesday night we went over to my Dad's. Friday night, we went back to my MILs and she and my FIL watched the baby while my SIL Rae and I went to Silver Bells in the City, the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree at the Capitol Building in Lansing.
Saturday evening we came home, Sunday we relaxed all day. I made the best biscuits and gravy I've ever attempted, and we made homemade calzones together. Although I missed BCIII like crazy, Isabelle and I had a fun time with the family.

This week I am 17 weeks along and feeling great. Still haven't felt too much movement, but I know it won't be long. We're hoping the next 3 weeks fly by quickly so we can find out what we're having this time. Can't wait!







No comments:

Post a Comment