Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Introducing Noble Silas (Almost 2 years later!)

Due to my lack of blogging for the past two plus years, I realized that I hadn't documented the birth of our fourth (but really, our sixth) baby! AH!! First a little background...

When I was about 32 weeks along, Bob and I had a planned trip to New Orleans for a conference. The day before we were to leave, I had started having some complications from placenta previa. Thankfully, later in the day I was doing better and decided to proceed with our plans. Sure enough, a few days after we arrived, my complications returned and I ended up in a hospital for 8 days. It was a long 8 days. I spent time doing homework, taking school exams, and even a little art project for the kids. I'm not very good at art, so I was embarrassed to have a picture taken. LOL


We finally made the long trip home via car and since I was put on bed rest, we moved in with my sister-in-law for two weeks. After those two weeks were up, my complications had improved enough so that we could move back home. A week later, on Friday morning, October 16th, once again, those complications returned. We dropped the kids off to my sister-in-law, and headed to the hospital. I was given an emergency C-section and at 2:18pm (and 36 weeks, 2 days) little Noble Silas Carpenter was born!





Here's the first picture of our four children together!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment