Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bobby's Thomas the Train Birthday Party

Today we had our family birthday party for Bobby. It was originally scheduled for last weekend, but I postponed it because the stomach flu hit all of us and our extended families last week. Bobby loves Thomas the Train so I started looking on Pinterest a few months ago for ideas. I found this snack train idea and thought it'd be perfect. I liked how it turned out. It was also on the kids level so they wouldn't stay out of it! The Oreos were gone almost before the party started and I had opened them about 10 minutes before.



I had wanted to have the party outside, but it was rainy and somewhat chilly. Last weekend would've been perfect. It still worked out fine though. I knew we were going to have lots of kids, so I used our table to seat the high chairs and I put Thomas trains on the table for the kids to play with. 


I made cupcakes, cherry pie and a raspberry dessert I saw on an episode of KLG and Hoda at 3am while I was up with Isabelle (for the 15th night in a row). I wanted to get some printable Thomas party decorations off Etsy, but refuse to pay $20 for one sheet, so I made my own. Then I went to print them and ran out of ink. So, the only thing I could print was the back part of Bobby's cupcake toppers with his name on it. Blast. 



My MIL bought some crafts for my kids to do, so I used them for all the kids and they came in so handy! 



It was so great to have my nieces and nephews at the party. This is my nephew Joshua










It was a fun day. Thankfully I have a great little helper who helped with the cleanup!

No comments:

Post a Comment