Baby Ilya is 8 months old today. She has really been growing and her little personality is starting to develop. Here are a few things to remember about her.
- She is probably 14 or 15 pounds. Her next doctor appointment is a month from now, so I don't have any specifics for this month.
- She is rolling over all the time and is very close to sitting up on her own.
- She still doesn't have any teeth.
- She sleeps through the night mostly and wakes up around 6am for a bottle and then goes back to sleep for another hour or so.
- She's wearing size 2 diapers and size 6-9 months clothes.
- She catnaps during the day.
- She is exclusively on formula
- She loves watching her siblings
- She is starting to be more interested in toys
- She likes watching her hands.
- She loves her pacifier. Often times she gets it stuck on her thumb.
- She no longer needs to be swaddled when she sleeps, but she still likes her pink and white blanket that our neighbor had made for her.
- She's laughing and cooing alot more. She smiles all the time!
- She tried eggs for the first time three days ago. I didn't introduce
any other new foods this month. I've done differently in feeding her
solids than I did with the first two. I give her cereal or carrots, etc a
couple times a week. Now that she's 8 months old, I plan to give her
solids more consistently and start to introduce finger foods slowly.
To see Isabelle's 8 month post, click here.