Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, III

Today, my greatest friend turned 34 years old! We got started with the partying a little early. Tuesday night we went out to dinner at Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville. This little place is a couple miles from our house and was once featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." They specialize in deep fried foods, and the show's host, Guy Fieri, suggested they deep fry the entire burger with the bun. Genius. 




We ordered the dessert sampler.....Oreos, nutty buddies, cookie dough, cheesecake, elephant ears...all deep fried. 


Today I made Bob's birthday cake...aka lemon bars. I'll need better recipe next time. As for the candles...yes, I'm resourceful. 


I also made General Tsao's Chicken for dinner for him. This is absolutely the most challenging cooking experiment I've ever taken on and thankfully it worked! 



Sue and I and the kids pulled off a great surprise, too! We showed up at Bob's work with treats for him! 



It was such a fun day celebrating my favorite person whom I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment