Saturday, September 28, 2013

One Month Old




Ilya is a month old! Here are some stats:
She now weighs 7 lbs. 7 oz. and is 21 inches long. She eats every 2 to 3 hours and is a great sleeper. She is wearing newborn size clothes and newborn size diapers. She likes her swing, car seat, bouncy seat and sling. She is a very easy baby, thank God! Very few things seem to upset her. I've noticed that anytime her hat falls over her eyes she gets really upset. I'd say even more upset than when she is hungry or needs to be changed. It's quite funny. She is now starting to look more intently at us. She's very strong and can easily lift her head. So far, she likes car rides. She loves to be swaddled. When she is fussy, I usually wrap her tightly and that calms her down almost immediately. She is such a sweet baby and we are thankful God added her to our family! 




Here is Isabelle's 1 month picture. 



Something really neat I wanted to mention, the meaning of Ilya's name.
When we were trying to decide on a name for Isabelle I wanted a name that meant Jesus is Lord. I had a name picked out, however Bob didn't like it at all. So, I just dropped it. After Ilya was born, my mom and stepdad started looking up the meaning of her Russian name. Here's what they found:






Isn't it amazing how God worked that out?! I couldn't be happier about that and I know it isn't a coincidence! What a great statement for our family: we've chosen to make Jesus Lord of our lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment