Thursday, July 25, 2013

Baby 3 Update



It's hard to believe that in 7 weeks or so, we will have another little baby to care for in our family! This pregnancy has been, perhaps, the easiest on me physically. I wanted to jot down a few things to remember about it.
  • I had morning sickness in the first trimester that actually was worse than when I had it with Bobby. I had to take medicine for a few days to help it subside.
  • In my early second trimester we moved and worked on our new house. I don't recommend it, but thank God His timing is perfect. The second trimester is when I have the most energy.
  • I didn't "show" as early as I had in the past. I was well into the 2nd trimester before it was very noticeable. Since I have two little kids to chase after, I didn't gain as much weight as I had in the past. I compared my weight at 28 weeks with Bobby and this baby and I was 8 pounds lighter this time. Hey, I'll take it! (I may or may not have gained 8 pounds since that appointment, though.) Side Note: I just remembered that I nursed Bobby for 20 weeks of this pregnancy, so that's gotta be what helped me to not gain as much weight.
  • One nice thing about being in better shape in my second trimester was the fact that I passed my 1 hour glucose test (when they check for gestational diabetes) with flying colors! With Bellie and Bobby I failed and barely passed the 3 hour test.
  •  We decided to keep the gender of this baby a surprise. I think this will be the only time we do this because I like knowing the gender in advance! I enjoy those 20 weeks of thinking about my baby girl or boy. It also means I would only have to do half the amount of laundry when I'm pulling my newborn to three month clothes out of storage!

  •  I have placenta previa. (See the definition here.)
  • I love watching the ultrasounds of my babies.  Typically only 1 or 2 are given in a normal pregnancy. Since we don't want to know the gender, I've been purposefully not watching them. Because of the P.P., I've had 6 ultrasounds and will have at least one more in two weeks. Not fun. It saddens me to not watch my baby move on the screen. Thankfully, we got a beautiful shot of his or her face. He/she is beautiful. I catch myself glancing at that face a lot when I'm in the kitchen (it's posted on my fridge).
  • I'm measuring two weeks ahead of schedule, which is a first. At my last ultrasound (31w) the baby was sideways. So, even if the placenta moves into the correct position, if the baby doesn't turn into the proper position I will still need a c-section. 
  • I am working on preparing myself for a cesarean, but I'm not quite there yet. The only surgery I've ever had was my d and c after my miscarriage. I have always enjoyed those first seconds of my babies lives and holding them as soon as they're born. In this case, I wouldn't be able to do that. Also, the healing process would be more difficult, because I would have more limitations in caring for my older kids for six weeks. Six weeks is a long time to have to depend on, and ask help from, family. Hopefully, these things will resolve themselves in the next 7 weeks. 
Finally, last weekend while we were at Jehnsen for our vacation, we chose names for our baby!!! I have been so excited about this that I can hardly stand it. 

More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment