Friday, February 22, 2013

Call Me Gladys Kravitz

The area in which we live in Lansing isn't necessarily the safest place in town. When we first moved in, I had to decide to rarely watch the news because I kept hearing of overnight shootings in the area, and convenience store robberies a block away. I kept telling myself I could handle this because, after all, I used to live right next door not far from Pontiac. HA! Well, after talking to our neighbors, all of whom are married couples with elementary aged children, I've decided that our neighborhood really isn't that bad. I mean, I don't go outside for leisurely walks or anything (it IS winter, and I'm still a wuss) but overall it feels pretty safe. There is a house across the street that has been vacant the entire time we've been here. Well, I think it's vacant. The garage has no door on it and is empty, and the house is always pitch dark inside. Every day though, at least 5 cars use this driveway to turn their vehicle around. Lots of times it's the exact same vehicles, and those vehicles aren't seen in other driveways. So, it's weird.


Well, we got a couple inches of snow overnight and this morning, this white van with 5 people pulled up and started shoveling the driveway and sidewalk. What in the world?! I couldn't help but want to holler out a few things to them, such as a.) are you part of the Lansing mob? b.) you realize no one lives there? c.) How about at least one of you five come shovel my driveway!-- At least I'll say thank you!

True/False Statement Disclaimer: I've been watching alot of action/mob movies the last few months. I recognize members of the mob/mafia when I see them.


At last they were finished. Actually, no they weren't. They only shoveled half the driveway. I hope my non-existent neighbor docks their pay. Good grief.


A few hours later, I looked out the window and saw a sixth person out there getting ready to snow blow. How many blondes people does it take to clear snow?


The good news is ~~ I just noticed somebody cleared the snow off our sidewalk! 

I like my neighbors, I guess-even if they don't exist!

*************************************************************************************
Shortly after moving here, I started working 10 hours a week for Farm Bureau doing some online recruiting. It's the easiest job in the world, and I don't have to leave my house. I like to work in the mornings while the kids play and are content. I'm so tired at night time right now, that I can barely stay awake past 9pm. One more week til second trimester begins, so hopefully that'll make a difference.
Anyways, Bellie likes to use our hide-a-bed couch as a trampoline. So, I let her. Bobby plays with the cushions. Today her jeans kept falling down, so she decided to rid herself of them. 







**I wrote this post around 1pm this afternoon about the neighbor across the street. Well, at around 5:30pm, our neighbors to the right of us (I'd say north, south, east or west, but come on. I have no sense of that kind of direction) just partially shoveled our driveway! Wow! What a blessing our neighbors have been to us today! I'm still not sure who cleared our sidewalk, but wow!





No comments:

Post a Comment