Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why's Everybody Always Preachin' at me?!


I've been trying to do a better job of doing my daily devotions. Thankfully, my iPhone has an app for that! HA! I signed up for a few daily Bible reading plans, and have been able to spend time reading God's word (via phone-doesn't compare to the actual copy of Scriptures I have, but hey!) while feeding the baby. It got me thinking about how much I love listening to sermons, too. (Well, let me clarify. I love listening to them while I'm at church. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on audio sermons, but if I really try, I can do it!) 

 Growing up in the church, I've had alot of practice listening to numerous preachers over the years. By far, I have a favorite. Bob Carpenter, Jr,. pastor of the Cedar Street Church. Not because he's my FIL, either! His sermons are so very practical, clear and concise, and I have learned much from him. I have been known to turn on a sermon while I'm cleaning the house, and boy does it make cleaning MUCH more enjoyable! Anyways, if you want to hear one of his sermon's visit here





I can't forget to include my own pastor in this post. Ben Glupker has been pastoring my church, Springview Community Church for just under a year. He's fresh out of seminary (the same my FIL attended) and it's really been cool to learn alot from him already. I'm thankful that God has brought him and his wife, Kelly, and their children to the Detroit area from Saginaw. Check out Kelly's blog, linked on the right side of my blog. To listen to one of Pastor Ben's sermons, click here

Springview Community Church.


Another preacher I like to hear is actually a traveling evangelist named Jamey Ragle. When I was growing up, I attended a private Baptist School and every year or two, he would come preach a revival. It was because of him that I realized there was more to a relationship with Jesus than I thought. He is one of the funniest preachers I've heard, yet also very passionate.



I've enjoyed sermons from several other men of God, but these two stick out to me. I've heard some good things about sermons from local pastors in our area, too, that I plan to check out soon, too.

Who are some of your favorite preachers?

.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the pastor @ Calvary Bible in Kalamazoo. We didn't join there but the preaching was great too. John Barnette is his name. He is from Okemos originally. He is an expository preacher and I enjoyed the history he teaches as he preaches.

    ReplyDelete