Monday, May 21, 2012

The First 2 Weeks

It's been a crazy couple of weeks around here, getting used to the new normal of two children. Bob and I often tell each other that we can't believe we have two children! We are so blessed!

Bobby, or "Bear" as he is called by his daddy, is such a good-natured boy. He is so easy and laid back. A great sleeper and eater, too! It's just a world of difference caring for his newborn self than it was caring for Isabelle. She didn't sleep that great and was a lot more high maintenance. He's just the opposite. (Thank you, Lord!)

Night time is going superbly! He gets up usually once or twice a night, and I can lay him back down awake, and he'll fall asleep on his own. Last night, he got a little too wiggly though and turned himself sideways in his swing. So, tonight we move him to his crib in his own room! He's only 13 days old! Huge difference again...Isabelle was 15 months old. Ah.

Isabelle loves her baby brother. She kisses him repeatedly several times a day. If he's crying, she starts to cry and point to him until I go pick him up. It's like she's letting me know he's crying. Several times now, she has woken up from a nap and he's the first thing on her mind. She has to go find him. A few times, she has tried to sit on top of him if he's in his car seat or swing. She loves to switch pacifiers with him. She also likes to pinch him though, too. So, I have to watch her like a hawk.

Climbing in brother's car seat

Pushing brother in the swing

Speaking of watching her, I have realized just how active she is! I don't know why I never noticed it before. She loves to climb up on the end tables and furniture. She loves to get into everything. She's so active! No wonder I'm tired!

I'm not the only one who's tired

We have a coffee (cup) lover..



 We took her to the park recently for the first time. She loved exploring the place and looking at the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment