Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Baby Sweetie!

Isabelle weighed in at 19lb 5 oz and was 30 1/4 inches tall. She is standing on her own for 2-3 seconds, but isn't walking quite yet. She loves to eat! This month I hope to get her switched to milk and a sippy cup and also hope to get her sleeping all night in her room. We have started the transition, and so far it's going alright. She lasts in there from 7:30 until 1am or so. She woke up 3 times last night prior to 1am, but went back to sleep with a couple pats on her tummy. She says "dada" and "mama" and babbles alot. She's still in size 3 diapers and size 12-18 months clothes. She is tall for her age! She has been taking naps in her carseat, which is a big change from having to be held for naps. It's nice to be able to put her down! She is a mommy's girl, big time! She doesn't like if I leave a room at all. She will play independently for a few minutes at a time as long as I'm within eye sight. She is doing better at being left with other people so that's nice. She had a surprise birthday party at my small group. It was really sweet! They bought her a cake and a drum and hung a banner, bought party hats, and everything was decorated in Elmo--her favorite! It was so sweet! We will be having a party on the 22nd for her, and I'm really excited about that. My friend helped me to make a banner and invitations for the party, and my MIL has already got them mailed and the banner hung up! The night before Isabelle's birthday, her dad and I gave her a birthday cupcake with a pink candle in it. We sang to her and told her how much we love her. Her birthday was filled with all sorts of doctors appointments and women's bible study events, etc and youth group. I made sure to tell everyone I could that it was her first birthday! haha! Here are a few birthday pictures I took of her. I made the brown and pink tutu and designed the shirt, too. I took over 135 pictures and for most of them she didn't cooperate. She screamed cause she didn't want to wear the headband and just wanted me to hold her the whole time. Goofy girl!



















1 comment: